Many airlines that are heading to Egypt subcontract ground handling to Egyptian airports, Egyptian aviation services, handling agents, or even to another airline.
According to the International air transport Association (IATA), conservative estimates indicate airlines outsource more than 50 percent of the ground handling that takes place at the world’s airports.
Ground handling especially in Egypt addresses the numerous service necessities of an airliner between the time it arrives at a terminal gate and the time it departs on its next flight.
Speed, efficiency, and accuracy area unit are necessary for ground handling services so as to minimize the turnaround time. Faster turnarounds for lower ground times are related to higher profits.
The Situation in Egypt
Egypt has many airports: Cairo International Airport, Hurghada International Airport, Sharm El-Skeikh International Airport, Luxor International Airport, and others.
Also, it’s expected to have more international airports in the whole of Egypt, especially in the reign of president Abd El-Fatah El-Sisi and his developing strategy in all fields especially the aviation field and Egyptian aviation service.
According to the unique location of Egypt and its importance, many airlines spot their destination in Egypt which makes the Ground Handling services a big important industry.
Mutual Assistance Ground Service Agreement
Airlines might participate in associate degree industry-standard Mutual help Ground Service Agreement (MAGSA). The MAGSA is revealed by the transportation Association (the current version is from 1981).
That is employed by airlines to assess costs for maintenance and support to craft at questionable MAGSA Rates, which are updated annually based on changes in the U.S. Producer indicator.
 Airlines may choose to contract for ground handling services under the terms of a Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) published in the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Airport, Handling Manual. Airlines may contract for ground handling services in Egypt underneath non-standard terms.
What Can Egypt Ground Handling Services Agents provide?
Egypt is considered to be one of the best countries in the middle east it is able to give a perfect ground handling service with all its branches like:
The primary aim of this service giving is to confirm traveler comfort. While cabin improvement includes the bulk of the difficulty, it additionally includes tasks like replenishing aboard consumables (soap, tissues, toilet paper, reading materials) and washable items like pillows and blankets.
Catering is one of the most important ground handling services especially in Egypt as it includes the unloading of unused food and drinks from the craft and the loading of fresh food and drink for passengers and crew.
Airline meals are usually delivered in Airline service trolleys. Empty or trash-filled tramcar from the previous flight area unit was replaced with recent ones. Meals are prepared totally on the ground so as to minimize the quantity of preparation (apart from chilling or reheating) needed within the air.
This includes ground handling services on the ramp or apron, such as:
- Guiding the craft into and out of the parking position (by the manner of craft marshaling),
- Towing with push back tractors
- Lavatory drainage
- Water hauling (typically non-potable for bathroom sink use)
- Air conditioning (more common for smaller aircraft)
- Air start units (for starting engines)
- bags handling, typically by suggests that of belt loaders and baggage carts
- Gate checked bags, are often handled on the tarmac as passengers disembark
- Air loading handling, usually by means of cargo dollies and cargo loaders
- Catering trucks
- fueling, which may be done with a refueling tanker truck or refueling pumper
- Ground power (so that engines needn’t be running to supply craft power on the ground)
- rider stairs (used rather than air stairs, some budget airlines use both to improve turnaround speed)
- Wheelchair lifts, if required
- Hydraulic mules (units that offer hydraulic power to associate degree craft externally)
This includes services within the air terminal such as:
- Providing arrival counter services for the passengers outward-bound on the client airlines.
- Providing gate arrival and departure services.
The agents are needed to fulfill a flight on arrival in addition as give departure services as well as boarding passengers and shutting the flight.
- Staffing the transfer counters, customer service counters, and airline lounges.
Field operation service
This service dispatches the craft, and maintains communication with the remainder of the airline operation at the airfield and with traffic management.